ISSUES AND BOTTLE-NECKS HINDERING OUT-PUT& OUT-COME OF PHE& RD
- Assigning similar functions to multiple agencies such as Works & Services, Irrigation, Coastal Development Authority and Special Initiative Department etc.
- Meager funds allocation causing inordinate delay in completing schemes within stipulated time;
- Shortage/ non-availability of manpower at site to operate/ maintain and safeguard costly assets.Failure on part of utility companies to provide electricity connection despite full payment;
- In Urban Schemes improper cleaning of drains/ sewers outlets by concerned Local Councils hinders disposal of sewage water;
- The present requirement of operation / Maintenance staff is 5508 out of which only 1661 employees are available where as there is shortage of 3847 employees which are essentially required to be recruited to ensure continued operation of completed rural Water Supply & Drainage Schemes in the Province.